DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A WOF And A SERVICE
A warrant of fitness (WoF) is an official New Zealand document certifying that a light motor vehicle has passed a compulsory periodic inspection of safety and roadworthiness.
As part of a wof we do not perform service type checks on your vehicle such as oil & water levels checks, tyre pressure checks, removal of tyres, or brake pads visual inspection .
A service is maintenance of your vehicle.
So we recommend a service every 10 000km or annually because by servicing your vehicle regularly you will achieve fuel savings and less emissions so better for the environment and extend the life of the vehicle. Things wear out with use but also perish over time so frequent servicing will pick up any problems. Even if you do little driving its still important.
A comprehensive full service includes:
– Change oil & filter
– Engine flush
– Check tyre pressures/including spare
– Check horn & lights
– Check battery & radiator cap
– Review brake/clutch fluid
– Check automatic transmission/gearbox/differential oil
– Review power steering fluid
– Inspect spark plus
– Check air filter
– Check cabin filter
– Check fuel filter
– Inspect suspension & steering joints
– Lubricate doors & catches
– Visually check drive belts/hoses
– Inspect wipers/washer jets & fluid
– Carry out test drive
* All prices include GST, Based on a maximum of 5 litres of oil and oil filter to the value of $20. Prices may vary with diesel, 4WD & European vehicles.
We also offer a budget version service with far less checks this is available from $189. But remember its not as comprehensive.
Travel safe if heading away for the school holidays or Easter break. We look forward to being of service during the year.