Welcome to our July newsletter. We are now fully into winter with the cold and wet weather upon us. So some things to consider and helpful hints for fuel savings.
- Are your windscreen wipers doing their job properly?
- When were your brakes last checked?
- Does your ABS work correctly? Do you know how it works?
- Do your tyres have plenty of tread on them for safer braking distance in the wet?
- Air conditioning is essential to assist clearing frosty/foggy windscreens quickly and efficiently.
- Batteries – if they are going to play up or are on their way out it tends to rear its head in winter (statistically proven). Could be time to replace before you get “caught out in the rain”. We carry a large range of AA Batteries starting from $200 fitted.
TIPS TO REDUCE YOUR FUEL CONSUMPTION
- Service and tune your vehicle regularly as this could increase fuel economy up to 4%
- To maximise fuel economy use the recommended grade of fuel and oil as listed in the owners handbook.
- Properly inflate tyres. Check pressures monthly and before long trips. Under inflated tyres are a significant contributor to increased fuel consumption (note your are also shortening the life expectancy of your tyre having it under or over flatted).
- Avoid rush hour and combine trips – stop and go and starting up an engine from cold burns more fuel.
- Slow down – fuel consumption increases about 6% for each 10km/h faster your go over 90km/h. So think about the actual speed limit.
Visit us on facebook. We are trying to make regular posts with interesting or helpful details. Travel safe and stay tuned.