LEARN HOW TO REDUCE YOUR FUEL CONSUMPTION
Below is a list of some simple steps to help you reduce your fuel consumption:
- Regular servicing can increase fuel economy by up to 4%. Replace worn components so things work more efficiently.
- Use only the recommended fuel and oil
- Tyre pressure, ensure not underinflated.
- Reduce speed. Did you know that for every 10km/h you go over 90km/h you increase your fuel consumption by 6%.
- Timing of your travel. Stop and go burns more fuel so avoid rush hour where possible
- Combine trips. Starting up an engine from cold uses more fuel.
- Avoid idling where possible.
- Use cruise control and highest gear where possible
- Remove roof racks if not in use as causes drag and unnecessary weight lowers fuel economy.
- Fill it up. Fuel evaporates and is lost to the atmosphere each time you remove the fuel cap. Plus don’t overflow the tank.
So hopefully some helpful hints. For more information on fuel economy go to www.fuelsaver.govt.nz